Happy Friday, my friends! How has your week been? It’s been a great one here – albeit extraordinary busy. Please pardon this article being published a little later in the day today.
But it is still technically Friday at least where I am, so let’s wrap up the week with an edition of Friday Favorite Finds…
Friday Favorite Finds: 20 Ideas for wearing Gingham
Gingham: It’s one of the spring’s most wearable trends. While there is nothing revolutionary about gingham itself, this season gingham is feeling fresh and sophisticated because of the ladylike tailoring and silhouettes taking center stage.
I inadvertently dipped my toe in the trend when I purchased the Johanna Ortiz top featured here. Now I’m wanted to try more! I’m particularly fond of this gingham motorcycle jacket. The juxtaposition of the edgy moto shape and the sweet gingham fabric creates great visual interest. I also love this Kendall + Kylie organza gingham skirt.
Which of these twenty pieces might you be tempted to try?
Friday Favorite Finds: Interesting Reads
Next, on Fridays, in addition to my favorite fashion finds of the week, I’d like to start sharing random reads that inspire me throughout the week. I am going to leave this open-ended topic-wise, rather than confine myself to specific categories. It will be a hodgepodge of inspirational reads, business / entrepreneurial tips, thought-provoking articles, and whatever else grabs my attention in a given week.
- 5 Travel Hacks to Help You Travel Smarter, Cheaper, and Longer by Jinna at Project Inspo
- 6 Happiness Tips to Boost Your Health and Performance via Entrepreneur
- 9 Money-Saving Tricks Every Traveler Should Know via Huffington Post
- 10 Inspirational Quotes from Women Business Leaders via Entrepreneur
- The Hidden Power in Trusting Your Gut via Fast Company
- To Work for Free or Not to Work for Free? : A very interesting and pertinent read for those of us in the blogging industry or other creative fields penned by London-based photographer Holly McGlynn
- Top Bloggers to Follow on Snapchat : I was both surprised and thrilled to be included in PopSugar’s listing of who to follow on Snapchat. Feel free to follow along with my adventures on Snapchat. My username is wearwherewell.
Finally, I just must share one more thing… This week, I had the distinct pleasure and honor of attending the semi-annual meeting of the University of Texas Engineering Advisory Board, on which I serve. Getting my petroleum engineering education (as well as my MBA) from the University of Texas has empowered me to do so much in life. So, I am forever grateful for what the university gave to me, and thus eager to give back in any way I can.
Anyway, back to my main point in sharing all of that… At our advisory board meeting today, we had the opportunity to hear a petroleum engineering student speak. This wasn’t your typical teenager. At just age 19, Karan Jerath was named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in Energy. Struck by the difficulties BP encountered with the Deepwater Horizon accident, while only 17 years old, Karan began developing a potentially ground-breaking solution. Read more about him here. If this is any indication of the potential of the young generation, our world is in great hands!
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver
I hope you enjoy some of the articles! Do let me know your thoughts. Also, if you ever have any inspiring reads to share, please do share! You can always contact me via the comment section, the contact page, or just email my team at [email protected].
Have a great weekend! See you back here on Monday.
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza