2016 Wear + Where + Well Colorful Gift Guides!
Hello, dear friends. It’s time to kick-off our 2016 gift guides!
First, a few words about the format of the gift guides… As I considered how to structure the gift guides this year, I thought about the traditional methods of organizing the guides by recipient or by price point. However, I wasn’t particularly inspired by those ideas this year. Then, it hit me. We love color, and you all come here expecting colorful inspiration.
So, why not do a series of color-coded gift guides?
But don’t worry. We will still provide descriptions of each gift, including who it is best suited for. And we will point out the price points of various gifts, letting you know which ones are splurges versus stocking-stuffer type gifts.
So, here’s the colorful schedule of gift guides you can expect to see here over the coming days:
- Today : red
- Thursday, December 1 : pink
- Friday, December 2 : orange
- Saturday, December 3 : yellow
- Sunday, December 4 : green
- Monday, December 5 : blue
- Tuesday, December 6 : purple
- Wednesday, December 7 : neutrals + metallics
- Thursday, December 8 : multi-color / rainbow hues
- Friday, December 9 : gift guide wrap-up + giveaway winners announced!
Giveaway : (2) $1,000 Saks Gift Card
Indeed, that brings me to my next point… There will be a giveaway! In fact, there will be two winners!
I’ll be giving away two $1,000 gift cards to Saks!
This is not sponsored. Rather, this is just a gift from me to you all, as a symbol of my appreciation for your continued support and involvement here.
So, how do you enter? Great question! Here are the requirements:
- Leave a comment on each of the nine gift guide posts.
- Like us on Facebook.
It’s that easy! Now, let’s get to the good stuff — the gift ideas…
12 Red Gift Ideas We Love
- Derek Rose cotton-terry robe : We love this gift idea for the guy in your life who could use a little indulgence. If your guy is like mine, his robe can use a little updating. Why not try this soft, plush, merlot-hued robe?
- Nest holiday candle : Hands down, this is one of my favorite gifts to give! Plus, of course, I buy quite a few for using around my own home. This soft scent mix of pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber will have your home smelling like the holidays in no time! And at a price point of $40, it makes a perfect hostess gift!
- Gucci GG Marmot Carmera small quilted leather shoulder bag : Admittedly, I recently purchased this for myself as an early Christmas present to use during the holiday season and beyond. And I have already loved it! Guys – listen up: while this is a splurge gift, you can’t go wrong with a classic handbag like this for the special woman in your life. After all, you don’t have to worry about sizing with handbags. One size fits all!
- Draper James Harry Barker small plaid bone : Don’t forget the pooches in your life this holiday season! Indeed, they want to join in the festive fun too. So, treat them to a new plaid chew toy.
- Smythson Panama notebook “Make It Happen” : For the list maker, the traveler, the dreamer, the doodler, the planner, this notebook is perfect for any of these people. Smythson makes the highest quality leather goods like this. It’s a classic.
- Ferragamo reindeer silk tie : If your guy works in the business world like mine does, he’s always in need of refreshing his tie wardrobe. So, why not do so in a stylish and festive way? Ferragamo ties are made of the nicest silk. And while ties may not be the most exciting gift, he’ll be sure to thank you when getting dressed for work!
- Sachin & Babi grapes statement earrings : In case you haven’t heard, statement earrings are trending in a big way. And these sophisticated and glamorous earrings by Sachin & Babi are my favorites. Designed in New York and handmade in Mumbai, these earrings will add the perfect finishing touch to any holiday look.
- Juniper Books Game of Thrones book set : If you have a Game of Thrones fan on your gift list, run don’t walk to get this! It’s selling out quickly. Availability is becoming very limited. But how great would this look on the bookshelf of a rapid fan of the show?
- Woolwich buffalo check blanket : Who doesn’t love a great blanket to cuddle up with on these cool winter nights? Add some hot chocolate, a few good holiday movies, and you are all set for a night at home!
- Chanel nail polish : For the girly girl on your list, add this Chanel nail polish to her stocking! Or, consider it as a gift for some of your girlfriends. It truly is the best shade of red. Plus, it’s Chanel after all, so that automatically adds gravitas to the gift.
- Draper James wreath coaster set : Maybe it’s the southerner in in me, but I can’t resist these “Deck the Halls, Y’all” coasters! These are perfect for hostess gifts.
- Johnstons of Elgin fringed tartan cashmere scarf : Scarves are such a great gift idea, as they are versatile. They work for so many recipients. Plus, like handbags, it’s essentially one size fits all. And your recipient will feel spoiled with this cashmere version. It’s a great price point for the quality of the item!
So, which is your favorite idea? We do hope these red ideas sparked some festive gift-giving inspiration for you! Please do let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Graphics by Ashley Cardoza; image by Maritere Rice