Friday Favorite Finds: 21 Must-Have Back-to-School Supplies – College Edition
Written by Hannah Lyons
Can you believe summer is coming to an end? That means one of my favorite parts of the year is upon us – the season of back to school shopping! Yes, I am about to be a senior in college. And yes, I still adore school shopping as much as my 10-year-old self.
I find this time so exciting and, may I say, magical. I could walk the aisles of Target’s school supply section an infinite amount of times.What can I say… I’m a school supply junkie!
So, please allow me to share my 21 all-time favorite back-to-school supplies! I own almost every item featured here. In fact, I use all of these products on a daily basis, so it’s fun for me to be able to share them all with you.
1 – Vans ‘Sk8-Hi Slim’ Hi-Top Sneaker (Women) | 2 – adidas Originals Boyfriend Tee | 3 – The North Face ‘Wise Guy’ Backpack | 4 – kate spade new york ‘metro – mini cat’ crystal case watch, 26mm | 5 – Bose® SoundLink® Color Bluetooth® Speaker | 6 – Sonix ‘Sushi’ iPhone 6 Plus & 6s Plus Case | 7 – David Bowie Enamel Pin | 8 – MARACUJA C-BRIGHTER™ EYE TREATMENT | 9 – MARACUJA OIL | 10 – FORAY(R) SOFT-GRIP RETRACTABLE BALLPOINT PENS | 11 – APPLE IPAD MINI 2 WITH RETINA DISPLAY | 12 – DAY DESIGNER WEEKLY/MONTHLY PLANNER, 2016-2017 | 13 – BROTHER P-TOUCH PT-D210 LABEL MAKER | 14 – MEAD® FASHION PENCIL POUCH | 15 – POST – IT STICKY NOTES 4″ X 4″ – MULTI-COLORED | 16 – CamelBak eddy .75L Water Bottle | 17 – Sonix ‘Bisous’ Portable iPhone Charger | 18 – [TONYMOLY] I’M REAL MASK SHEET PACK OF 11 | 19 – ‘LAUREN’ LEATHER DOUBLE FRAME CLUTCH | 20 – ‘MAGNOLIA’ WATERPROOF RAIN JACKET (NORDSTROM EXCLUSIVE) | 21 – ‘LOS ANGELES DODGERS’ BASEBALL CAP
Why I Love These Must-Have Back-to-School Supplies
- I wear my Vans ‘Sk8-Hi Slim’ sneakers five out of seven days of the week. Not only do they pair well with shorts and a tee, but they also manage to stay in style throughout fall and winter. Plus, did I mention they are extremely comfortable?
- I always keep a favorite tee close for those mornings when it seems impossible to pick out an outfit. I can’t help but fall into Kylie Jenner’s obsession with sporty chic, and the Adidas brand is just so fresh. This tee matches almost everything and can be worn every season.
- While I don’t have this particular backpack, I do have an older style that’s lasted since my junior of year high school, all the way up till now. I always joke around that I carry my life in it. It seems to go wherever I go and always weighs a ton. Nevertheless, I adore my North Face backpack and would recommend it for school and travel.
- This one is easy – I love watches and I love cats. So, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Without a doubt, this Bose speaker has proven worthy in my books. I love having it in my apartment because it’s small, but provides some heavy sound!
- Okay, to be honest… I snuck this one in there because who doesn’t love a sushi decorated phone case?! Am I right?
- This one is definitely a must-have in my opinion. If you aren’t exactly sure what this is, it’s a pin! I love putting pins on my backpack because it gives a hint to my personality. I currently have a kitty pin, my sorority letters pin, and a Tina Belcher pin from the show Bob’s Burgers.
- The stress never ends in college, and my skin is the first to suffer. Exams, friend problems, and more cause those dark circles and dry t-zone. So let me introduce you to my Holy Grail products from Tarte. I use the Maracuja oil every night. And I use the eye treatment every other night. Both are great for my sensitive skin.
- Refer to #8.
- Have you ever used a waiter’s pen and contemplated on taking it because it wrote so well! No? Yea, maybe that’s just me. I’m a pen hoarder. As funny as it is, a single check changed my life forever because it introduced me to these pens! You have to try them for yourself.
- iPad minis are ideal for when you don’t want to lug around your textbooks from class to class. Also, is it weird that I think they are just so darn cute?
- I’m obsessed with this particular planner. It’s hard to find in stores because it’s always getting picked over, but I can’t say enough good things about it. I love its size and colors.
- I label everything! And if you’re in college, you should too. It’s very easy to misplace items while living in student apartments or dorms. I own this particular label maker and always have it on-hand when I’m organizing.
- I’m a senior in college and still take a pencil bag to my classes. It may be my obsession with pens… Really, I like having all my supplies in one place. It saves me from digging through all my backpack pockets.
- These Post-It notes rock. I’m a particularly neat person, so there’s nothing better than to have lines to make your notes look even nicer!
- I know S’well water bottles are totally in, but you just can’t go wrong with the original Camelbak.
- You’re always on your phone when you’re in college. That battery life is no joke. These days, there are so many cute portable chargers to choose from. However, I’m really digging the colors and design of this one.
- Have I mentioned that college is stressful? Oops… well, it is! I always have facemasks on hand to throw on while I’m studying or watching Netflix. This particular brand is super affordable and their packaging is so cute. It’s time to treat yourself, ladies! You can’t forget to take care of yourselves.
- Hobo wallets like this one are the best wallets ever, especially if you’re a receipt/gift card hoarder like me. They are durable, large, and great for holding a lot of items.
- If you’re looking for a solid, practical investment for your closet, buy yourself a good raincoat. Make sure to get one that can match everything.
- Last but certainly not least, we all need a good baseball cap for those bad hair days!
Friday Favorite Finds: 11 Must-Read Articles
Written by Carrie Colbert
Since Hannah is so swamped with summer semester finals this week, I told her I could pitch in on today’s article as well. It’s been a while since I’ve shared with you on Friday Favorite Finds. So, I have a number of articles to share with you…
- 6 Books Every Hustling Entrepreneur and Creative Should Read
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Entrepreneurs
- 7 Things You Are Doing at Work that Make You Look Unprofessional
- 20 Life Changing Quotes by Tony Robbins
- Did you hear about the blue lobster?
- Hillside Schoolhouse : how cute is this boutique hotel?
- How Aquazzura Built a Business by Making Sensible Shoes Sexy
- Madewell Denim Every Day : I’m obsessed with this collection of unique denim items.
- Meet the Couple Who Turned a Tiny Grain Silo into Their Dream Home
- The Outnet’s Social Media Studio on Joy Provides Key Content Lessons for Brands
- Why Remote Work Trumps Being in the Office
Lately on Wear + Where + Well
Also, just to make sure you haven’t missed out on any recent features here…
- Missoni Check Knit Midi Dress
- Caroline Constas Off-The-Shoulder Gingham Top
- Get Ready for the Olympics in Style
- 22 Olympics Inspired Products
- How to Style This Viva Aviva One-Shoulder Polka Dot Top Two Ways
- 2 Ways to Style This Caroline Constas Tiered Midi Dress
Important Question for You
Finally, the Wear + Where + Well team is reuniting in person this upcoming week to brainstorm new concepts. So, my question for you is this:
Are there any specific topics you’d like us to cover?
We care about you all, and we strive to create content that is unique and fresh for your enjoyment.
Have a good weekend, and happy back to school shopping!
Friday Favorite Finds curated by intern Hannah Lyons; graphic design by Ashley Cardoza