Friday Favorite Finds: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Written by intern Hannah Lyons
Hello everyone. You may recall last week’s Friday Favorite Finds of our 45 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Favorites.
I know Carrie said last week was the only post she’d dedicate to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. But being a college student myself, budget planning is taken quite seriously, right down to the penny. Events like the annual Nordstrom Anniversary sale make me very happy. They give me the chance to treat myself without breaking my bank account.
So, today I’ve decided to narrow the category down to my favorite picks under $100.
If you didn’t catch last week’s Friday Favorite Finds, here’s some helpful Nordstrom sale facts from Carrie. She gives the lowdown of the sale like a pro.
Why should you care about the Nordstrom Sale?
Well, unlike most sales which offer end-of-season goods at a discount, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale does just the opposite. For a limited time only, brand new styles for the upcoming season are available at deeply discounted prices. It’s Nordstrom’s way of celebrating their anniversary each year.
When is the Nordstrom Sale?
If you have a Nordstrom card, then you’ve probably been enjoying early access for the last week or so.
Friday, July 22 marked the beginning of open access to the public! The sale runs through August 7th. Prices go back up on August 8th.
How should I shop the Nordstrom Sale?
I personally am not one who gets caught up in the hoopla of a sale. Sure, I love a good deal as much as anyone else. But we should still take a measured, logical approach with our purchases. So, when it comes to shopping this sale (or any sale, for that matter), I look for three things:
- Good deals on designer pieces
- Good deals on seasonal staples
- Good deals on things I already know and love
No need to go overboard on this or any other sale. Go in with this mindset, and use it as an opportunity to build your wardrobe.
22 Best Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Finds Under $100
Here you’ll you find my 22 favorite finds of this year’s sale. Selected with great admiration and a watchful eye, they are all under $100! I think this calls for you to treat yourself.
1 – Crisscross seam stretch crepe a-line dress (regular & petite) | 2 – Halifax Bonded Knit Zip Front Jacket | 3 – Stripe split hem tunic | 4 – Junk food ‘good vibes’ jersey tank | 5 –Junk food ‘good vibes’ jersey lounge shorts | 6 – Topshop Colorblock Boxy Top | 7 – Faux wrap miniskirt | 8 – Free People Seamless Strappy Back Bralette | 9 – Trouvé funnel neck cold shoulder sweater | 10 – Adidas Originals ‘Pavao’ Leggings | 11 – Double banded wool fedora | 12 – Kate Spade ‘forever’ studs | 13 – Skagen ‘hald’ round mesh strap watch, 34mm | 14 – Nike ‘air max’ 1 | 15 – Nike ‘Tennis Classic Ultra -Textile’ Sneaker | 16 – Mario Badescu trio set | 17 – ‘Photo bombshell’ brush collection | 18 – Bando planner | 19 – Lorac ‘refined romance’ eye & cheek palette | 20 – Nars ‘nordstrom’s best’ cheek palette | 21 – Dior ‘Vernis’ Gel Shine & Long Wear Nail Lacquer | 22 – Foreo ‘luna mini’ compact facial cleansing device
Highlighting a few of my favorites:
- #4 & #5: The matching Junk Food pajama set, consisting of a tank and shorts, is the ideal summer stay-at-home outfit. Stay cool and look cute! Plus I adore the ‘Positive Vibes’ type on the tank.
- #14 : It should be no surprise (if you’re familiar with my past posts) that these Nike ‘air max’ 1’s would be commented upon. I wear sneakers with everything. I’m obsessed with the summer color. They are perfect for dressing down a dress or pairing with your favorite active wear. And their only $85.95.
- #16: Mario Badescu products are simply amazing. This set comes with the iconic drying lotion – the miracle worker for shrinking whiteheads and acne overnight. Seriously, I haven’t heard a single bad review. And… drum roll please… you get the trio for $30, a usually $50 offer.
Hopefully you’ll find an item or two worth buying! Take advantage of these sales. They are the perfect time to obtain quality items for discounted prices.
Did we miss any products worth sharing? We’d love to hear what you’ve found from the sale. Don’t forget – prices go back up in a week or so (on August 8th), so shop now!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Friday Favorite Finds by Hannah Lyons
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza