Friday Favorite Finds: 24 Stylish Sunglasses
Hello to all and happy Friday! I’m Hannah Lyons, the Wear + Where + Well intern, and I’m excited to bring you today’s edition of Friday Favorite Finds. This week, I’m confabulating on one of my most beloved accessories – (stylish) sunglasses! It’s hard to pinpoint when exactly my obsession with sunnies began. It may have budded in my youthful years when I wore them faithfully to protect my eyes from the radiating Texas sun. Southern heat is no joke, y’all! Since then, sunglasses have progressed into an outfit essential for me.
As I was scouring the web for info on stylish sunglasses, I found some random, but interesting facts about sunglasses. Number 2 is my personal favorite!
5 Facts about Sunglasses
Sunglasses have been around for over 2,000 years!
- It is believed that the idea of sun-blocking eyewear originated from people of the Thule culture, ancestors of what are known today as the modern Inuit. They created goggle-like glasses from bone, leather, and wood. The “glasses” were supreme for tackling the blinding snow’s reflection.
National sunglasses day is June 27th.
- Yes, that’s right, I found a holiday dedicated to my favorite accessory! Even though I missed the actual date, this gives me the perfect excuse to purchase the Karen Walker Moon Disco Sunnies I’ve been dying to get my hands on.
About every 7 months the average person loses his/her sunglasses.
- Raise your hands high in the air. I think we are all a bit guilty of this one.
Cheap glasses can do the trick.
- Scientists believe that cheap glasses can void out UV rays as well as expensive ones. Nevertheless, spending some extra dollars on sunglasses is worth the splurge. Higher-end glasses usually combine protective technologies to fully maximize sun protection. This includes blocking specific frequencies of light. Whether they’re from the drugstore or the runway, it is crucial to protect your eyes with a pair of sunglasses.
We all need sunglasses’ protection.
- Believe it or not, our eyes need as much UV protection as our skin. Failure to protect our eyes can lead to a variety of vision problems (e.g. cataracts and cancer). Let’s not make this an issue. Buy some shades, ladies.
Congratulations – you’re now a sunglasses connoisseur! All you need now is a fresh pair of shades. I am here to help! Browse my current 24 favorite summer sunnies! They are organized into three categories: save, sensible, and splurge. You don’t have to spend a fortune to find the perfect pair of sunnies! It’s all about what makes you the most confident and fits your personal style. Happy browsing!
1 – Gypsy Moth | 2 – Hype Spitfire | 3 – Teddyboy Spitfire | 4 – A.J. Morgan ‘Loop’ 50mm Retro | 5 – A.J. Morgan ‘Heartstomper’ 59mm Heart Shaped | 6 – A.J. Morgan ‘Chesire’ 50mm Round | 7 – Quay Australia ‘Sugar and Spice’ 50mm Cat Eye | 8 – Steve Madden 54mm Oversize | 9 – Karen Walker Crop Creeper | 10 – Michael Kors Chelsea Polarized | 11 – Westward Learning Atlas 18 | 12 – Ray-Ban Aviator Flash Lenses | 13 – Quay Eclipse | 14 – Le Specs ‘Wild Child’ 52mm | 15 – Quay ‘Every Little Thing’ 54mm Cat Eye | 16 – Oxydo 54mm Metallic Cat Eye | 17 – Karen Walker Moon Disco | 18 – Illesteva Leonard II | 19 – Fendi 51mm Retro Octagon | 20 – Miu Miu 65mm | 21 – Dior ‘So Real’ 48mm | 22 – Dita Flight .006 | 23 – Krewe Du Optic St. Louis | 24 – Prada 54mm Round
Friday Favorite Finds: Top 7 Summer Songs
I know Carrie usually shares a collection of great articles that have caught her attention, but I thought I would try something new this week… Lately, I’ve been obsessed with summertime tunes. These hits have been on repeat 24/7. A little bit of old and a little bit of new! If you need a little musical inspiration for your summer, check these out. Hope you enjoy!
- Rich Girl – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- 90s Music – Kimbra
- Seeing Stars – BORNS
- The Bells – Lowell
- I’m In Love With My Life – PHASES
- Brandy Alexander – Feist
- California Soul – Marlena Shaw
As always thanks for stopping by! Feel free to comment below what your top choice of stylish sunglasses is on this edition of Friday Favorite Finds. I’m eager to know!
Keep your eyes out for a haul of new articles next week. We have been working nonstop on stocking up on some fun ideas and new concepts. On Monday, Wear + Where + Well will feature beautiful bathing suits by Mara Hoffman – one of our favorite designers for summer wear, especially swimsuits. Get excited!
Hugs to all of you. May your weekend be great.
Text and sunglass selections by Hannah Lyons
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza
Cover photo by Maritere Rice