2016 Pantone Color of the Year
Who knew? This year, Pantone picked two hues for the 2016 Pantone Color of the Year! That’s right. Pantone, the ultimate color authority, surprised us all by picking not one but two colors as the 2016 color of the year. Rose quartz and serenity have been anointed as the color of the year.
As Pantone’s website states, “Joined together, rose quartz and serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.” Who among us couldn’t use a dose of connection, wellness, order, and peace, especially during this hectic time of year?
If you’ll notice, the Pantone image above shows the two colors blending seamlessly together. In line with that, note that Pantone still refers to the 2016 Color of the Year – singular. This is said to symbolize the general movement we see in fashion and elsewhere challenging traditional color associations. This blur of color lines represents the consumers’ increasing comfort with using color in many forms.
As a color lover myself, I am excited about this colorful revolution! To read more about Pantone’s selection, check out these resources:
- Fashion Times : Pantone Releases 2016 Color of the Year
- ABC News : Pantone Color of the Year 2016 is Blend of Serenity and Rose Quartz
- The New York Times : Pantone’s Color(s) of the Year Have a Political Edge
Top 25 Pantone Color of the Year Gifts
Each year, Pantone’s power of color forecasting influences everything from fashion to furnishings and even more. If you’d like to get a jump start on this color trend, consider this 25 items as Christmas gifts or possibly for yourself. From stocking stuffers to the extravagant gift, there’s something for everyone here!
- UGG Australia infant suede bow boots
- Monica Vinader siren rose gold quartz earrings
- Ray-Ban mirrored aviator sunglasses
- Sephora + Pantone color of the year lipstick
- Nordstrom Smartcare wrinkle free dress shirt
- Apple Watch in rose gold
- Dion Lee horizon-print silk-organza dress
- Sophia Webster flamingo heel pumps
- Sophie Hulme ‘Wish You Were Here’ pouch
- Moncler peplum hem hooded puffer vest
- Rebecca Minkoff mini crossbody bag
- Valentino rockstud pumps
- Alexander Wang mini rockie satchel
- Etro gold-plated, bead, and Swarovski crystal earrings
- Larkspur & Hawk rose gold-dipped topaz earrings
- Laura Mercier lip gloss
- Nails Inc nail polish
- Waterford rebel cocktail glass
- Burberry giant check wool and silk scarf
- Eugenia Kim hat with pom pom
- Valentino rockstud large leather bracelet
- Kendra Scott Rayne necklace
- Converse Chuck Taylor low top sneaker
- J.Crew chateau parka
- Markus Lupfer printed silk-satin t-shirt
For details on my look shown above, see here.
Giveaway Winners Announced!
- Check this post to see who won the lovely Kate Spade gift box holiday clutch.
- Check this post to see which two people won their gift picks from the gift guide.
This week, you can expect a few last gift guides – color-centric ideas! There’s still time to shop online for your Christmas gifts this week.
Besides that, I have a really fun and different treat coming up for you on Thursday – some special New Year’s Eve inspiration in collaboration with a super inspiring friend of mine.
Hope you have a great week!
Photography by Maritere Rice
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza