Classic Color Combo : Camel + Black
I’ve been surprising myself lately… This color-loving gal is really craving classic neutral pieces. Crazy, right? Particularly, I’ve been enamored with the idea of camel this fall. As Who What Wear says, camel is the shade that mades everything look more expensive. It’s so rich and luxe. It pairs well with most any color, but particularly well with black black. Camel and black is a timeless color combination.
Try our top 5 tips for wearing this combo in a fresh way this fall.
Top 5 Tips for Wearing Camel + Black
- Accentuate with animal print: This one is a no-brainer. Leopard or cheetah print works perfectly with this color combo.
- Weave in different textures: Notice how I’ve combined a chunky knit sweater with a buttery smooth fringe leather skirt.
- Play with proportions: Mix oversized pieces with fitted pieces for a balanced yet unexpected look.
- Make it casual chic: The color combo is so luxurious on its own that it can handle a casual twist like sneakers.
- Try seasonal trends: Finally, if you’ve been too timid to play with some of this season’s trends (like fringe), this is your chance. The classic color combo will keep your look grounded, while the trendy element will make the look relevant.
Still need more inspiration? Check out three of our favorite fashion bloggers who rock this neutral color combo as well as anyone!
Shop The Look
Here are a myriad of options across price points to help you recreate this laid back, on-trend, yet classic look.
My Exact Look
I Love Mr. Mittens sweater | Tamara Mellon leather fringe skirt | Golden Goose Deluxe Brand sneakers | Dior So Real sunglasses | Elena Ghisellini bag (exact not available online yet, but keep an eye out here, here, and here) | Nars heat wave lipstick
By the way, speaking of Elena Ghisellini… To my Dallas friends, come meet me Wednesday at Stanley Korshak as I host a personal appearance for my friend and handbag designer extraordinaire Elena Ghisellini.
Have a great week, my friends!