Happy Tuesday, friends! Or, Travel Tuesday as it’s known around here. Indeed, we are endeavoring to bring you more travel content this year, as you all seemed to really like our travel content last year. Some of your favorites included the Austin South Congress travel guide, my Dubai travel diary, our guide to Key West, and our guide to the Soho neighborhood of NYC.
How We Spend a Weekend in Las Vegas
Now, this travel guide is going to be a little different than some of the others — lacking in photos, but hopefully abundant in helpful info. Plus, I would say this is less of a guide to how to spend a weekend in Vegas, and more of me just sharing how we like to spend a weekend in Las Vegas.
You see, in the past year or so, we’ve been to Vegas seven or eight times, I think. B has had quite a few conferences and business meetings out there. In fact, we just visited Vegas last weekend for a business related celebration trip. So, I’ve either tagged along on his business trips or met up with him for the weekend multiple times in the last year.
Through all these trips, we’ve developed quite the routine – albeit a fun routine – of things we like to do in Vegas. Truth be told, I used to not be the biggest fan of Vegas. But now, I really look forward to it!
Now, please note: these trips are usually intended to be getaways for us as a couple – not necessarily intended for website work or content creation. So, while this article is short on photos, I do think it’s strong on recommendations!
Without further ado, here’s how we spend a typical weekend in Vegas…
- Fly from Houston to Vegas
- Check in to the hotel: We always, without fail, stay at the Wynn. If possible, we prefer the the Wynn Tower Suites, a slightly elevated experience. On the off chance the Wynn is fully booked, we opt for the Encore, the Wynn’s sister hotel.
- Relax: If we arrive in time, we love to visit the spa for a massage, plus use all the relaxing amenities like the steam room, the sauna, and more.
- Have dinner: Our first stop for dining in Vegas is always the incredible Wing Lei. This restaurant is out of this world! Some of the best Asian dining I’ve ever had. But don’t take my word only… In fact, Wing Lei is the first Chinese restaurant in the US to be awarded a Michelin Star! The food is great, the service is divine, plus the atmosphere is a calm, refined environment – very much in contrast to much of Vegas.
- See a show: It’s no secret that Las Vegas has tons of shows from which to choose. From musicals to comedies to magic and more, you have a plethora of shows from which to choose! But as you are probably gathering already, we don’t tend to stray very far from the Wynn property. And why would we when they have top notch shows like Le Reve – The Dream, voted best show in Vegas for an unprecedented six straight years.
- Watch sports: Now, this is one of my favorite Vegas secrets! Well, I’m not sure if it’s a secret, but it sure is a favorite past time of mine. If you love sports like I do, you must visit Lagasse’s Stadium! This Emeril Lagasse restaurant is the ultimate sports watching experience. While relaxing on the comfy couch-style stadium seating, you can watch games, bet on games, and eat delicious Creole style food. What more could you want on a Saturday afternoon? It’s particularly fun during NFL playoffs or NCAA March Madness! Note that this is connected to the Palazzo hotel, just a brief walk from the Wynn.
- Hang out by the pool: If the weather is warm, there’s nothing better than basking in that desert sun. If we are in the mood for a relaxing afternoon, we will opt for the Wynn pool. If we want to kick it up a notch (which I usually don’t, but B does – ha), we opt for the Encore Beach Club.
- Take a nap: Next order of business for me usually involves taking a nap. I know, I know – not exciting. But it’s the truth! If I am going to be able to hang for the Saturday night life of Vegas, I need a nap first. 😉
- Have dinner: On Saturday nights, we usually opt for a later, more casual dinner. And Wazuzu is our favorite! The creative Asian fare is delectable, plus the service is always very friendly. My favorite thing to order is the drunken noodles – yum! If you like noodles and you like spice, then this dish is for you too!
- Go out to the club: Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I am not a club person. I am not a party girl. And I am not a late night girl. In fact, I’m a stay at home sort of girl. Ha. But B is quite the extrovert! And he loves to go out. Undoubtedly, XS has become his favorite spot to go in Vegas. In fact, we’ve seen Avicii, Chainsmokers (currently in residence at the Wynn), David Guetta, Deadmau5, and Zedd, just to name a few. It really is a unique, exciting experience, even if it’s not my usual scene per se. If you would like any more info on all this, just send me an email.
- Sunday brunch: Before we leave town, we have brunch. And this isn’t just any ol’ brunch. This is perhaps my favorite brunch in the world! No exaggeration. The Sunday jazz brunch at the Wynn Country Club is phenomenal. As a golf lover, I thoroughly enjoy the beautiful golf course views. Plus, the music sets a wonderful atmosphere. And of course the food is wonderful!
- Fly home: I usually try to sleep on the plane to begin the recuperation process. 🙂
And there you have it! How we spend a weekend in Vegas. Perhaps we are a bit set in our Vegas routine, but we sure do like it. So, are you a Vegas fan? I’d love to hear what you like to do in Vegas.
Stay tuned, as next week, I’ll finally be sharing some photos from my amazing trip to New Zealand! It really was once of the most amazing trips I’ve been on, as it’s such a beautiful country.
Also, make sure you catch this morning’s outfit. It’s one of my new favorite everyday looks. As for tomorrow, you can expect a new everyday outfit share (sneak peek here on Instagram). Plus a major update to our Houston Mural Guide! In fact, we will have 20 new walls for you to peruse! In addition, we have some importantupdates on walls we previously shared with you.
Until then, have a great day!