This Will Be Your New Favorite Guacamole
Written by Julie Weinstein
I’m just going to come out and say it; I could eat guacamole all day everyday. Seriously. The funny thing is, though, I used to not like it at all. Up until a couple years ago, I would never eat it, and then when I started, I questioned why I waited so long. Maybe I should have stayed away though because now I can eat my weight in guacamole. I have a feeling many of you feel the same way. It’s just so good.
Well, today, Maritere is bringing us a delicious guacamole recipe. In fact, it’s been named The Best Guacamole.
- 4-5 avocados
- ⅛-1/4 cup diced red onion
- juice from two limes
- 1 Vine tomato roasted
- 4-5 green tomatillos roasted
- 2 jalapeños roasted and chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits (keep the pits) and scoop out with a spoon into a bowl. Gently mash avocados.
- Roast tomatoes, tomatillos and jalapeño peppers.
- Blend tomatillos and tomato in blender adding some salt, creating a salsa.
- Chop the roasted jalapeños.
- Add the salsa, jalapeños, and rest of the ingredients to the avocado bowl and stir.
- Add lime juice and mix until well blended. Taste for salt.
- Top with queso fresco and some chopped cilantro.
- To stire, place in an airtight container with the pits, which will help keep it fresh.
Be sure to let us know what you think if you give this guac recipe a go. It would be great to bring to your Cinco de Mayo party, along with these funfetti churros and, of course, don’t forget the margaritas. Have a great rest of your day and we’ll see you back here in the morning!
Photos and recipe by Maritere Rice