Our Healthy Take on the Unicorn Frappuccino
Written by Bella Bucchiotti
Last month the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino overtook social media with photos of this pink-purple sweet drink. Described as tasting like Skittles, this fruity drink was way too sweet for many.
Since we all have a hard time resisting anything “unicorn-ified”, we decided to try to make a copy-cat recipe that was almost guilt free and fruity, but didn’t compromise on sprinkles.
The result is this Unicorn Smoothie made with berries, yogurt, and milk. A small amount of decorative elements are added to create the magical unicorn look that is going to be hard to resist. This healthy magical unicorn smoothie is easy enough that you can make it every day. Meanwhile, the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino is already extinct 😉
- 1/2 Banana, frozen
- 1/4 Cup raspberries or strawberries, frozen
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup milk or non-dairy alternative
- 1/2 Cup strawberry yogurt
Toppings & Such (optional):
- 1 Cup blue chocolate (white chocolate chips melted together with two drops of blue food coloring)
- Whipping cream
- Sugar sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave. Add two drops of food coloring and mix to incorporate.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate inside cups. Put cups in freezer for a minute to harden chocolate.
- Dip the rims of the cups in the melted chocolate and then dip into sugar sprinkles. Put cups in freezer for a minute to harden chocolate.
- Blend all smoothie ingredients with a blender until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into the cups. Top with optional whipped cream and sprinkles.
So, what do you think? Let us know if you try this recipe. It’s so delicious, pretty healthy, and equally as Instagram-worthy as the actual Unicorn frap. Have a great rest of your day!