Mixed Berry and Coconut Smoothie Bowl
Written by Bella Bucchiotti
Smoothies are a breakfast favorite because they are easy to make and perfect for on the go. To change things up, smoothie bowls are a great alternative. They allow you to add tasty toppings to turn your smoothie into a meal. This mixed berry and coconut smoothie bowl is extra special served in the coconut shell. Perfect for an extra special brunch!
There are several different ways to break a coconut, but I prefer to use a saw for this presentation. It helps to create the perfect bowl. If opting to break the coconut, you gamble not getting two even halves.
If you want to use fresh fruit and bananas in the smoothie, add some ice to the recipe. Coconut milk or almond milk could be used as a substitute for a non-dairy version.
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Cup coconut water
- 2 Cups mixed berries, frozen
- 2 Bananas, frozen
- 1/4 Cup coconut, shredded or grated
Optional Topping Ideas:
- Fresh berries
- Dried coconut
- Granola clusters
- Cut coconut with a saw to create two bowls. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into the coconut bowls and add your favorite toppings.
So, are you going to give this one a go? It’s truly so delicious (and healthy!). Let us know what you think in the comments below. Have a great day!