Recipe for Success : Dress for Dinner
Happy Friday, lovelies! A bit of a different topic for today…
In my spare time (ha!), I serve on the board of directors for Recipe for Success – a wonderful organization founded in Houston ten years ago by Gracie Cavnar. Recipe for Success is dedicated to combating childhood obesity by changing the way our children understand, appreciate, and eat their food, and by educating and mobilizing the community to provide healthier diets for children.
One of the organization’s main fundraisers each year is a series of events centered around fashion and food called Dress for Dinner. I am thrilled to be chairing this year’s Dress for Dinner series! Given that it’s the tenth anniversary of the foundation, we are kicking things up a notch. We have some major fashion fun planned. The main events are as follows:
- September 23 : fashion show, Q&A, and dinner with Lucy Sykes, fashion industry insider, best-selling author of this summer’s hit novel The Knockoff, and all around darling
- October 28 : fashion show and dinner with Aquazzura shoe designer Edgardo Osorio (As you can tell from this, Aquazzura is a favorite of mine!)
- March 3 : fashion show and dinner with designer Rubin Singer, a red carpet favorite for celebrities.
- April 12 : fashion show featuring some of Houston’s finest men
- May 4 : annual Fashion Gene Awards honoring some of Houston’s most fashionable and charitable mother and daughter combos
Plus, we have some really exciting, yet-to-be-announced insider opportunities, reserved only for those VIP season ticket holders…
How can you help?
There are two main ways:
- Buy a season ticket! These events provide a great opportunity for us fashion lovers to connect directly with designers and insiders – all the while, enjoying delicious food and great camaraderie, plus supporting a great cause. You can access the support form here.
- Spread the word! On your blog, on Instagram, on Twitter, on Facebook, wherever… Help us get the word out. Here’s a link to all the info: Dress for Dinner.
On a personal note, this is my first time chairing anything of this scale for a charity. So I personally appreciate your help and support and generosity oh so much. Many thanks, my friends! If you have any questions, just let me know.
I hope to see you next Wednesday for our evening with Lucy Sykes!