You’ll Love These Strawberry Spinach Salad Rolls
Change up your lunch routine and try these delicious (and nutritious) strawberry spinach salad rolls. They are a great alternative to a sandwich or salad. First of all, any filling can be added, so use your imagination and whatever you have on hand. In addition, they are fantastic to make using leftovers, such as chicken and cooked vegetables.
While peanut sauce is traditionally used for dipping these rolls, that is optional. You can try your favorite dip instead, if you’d like. For these fruit spring rolls, I didn’t add a dipping sauce.
The vermicelli can also be made ahead of time. Therefore, these rolls are quick to make in the morning before you head out the door.
Be prepared to have your first few rolls not be too pretty. After rolling a couple of them, you will get the hang of it. Seems like if you can roll a burrito, you can do this! Most of all, keep your hands moist as you roll to prevent the rice paper wrapper from sticking.
- 10 Spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 1 Package rice vermicelli, cooked
- 2 Cups of spinach, fresh
- 1 Cup strawberries, fresh and sliced
- 2 Kiwi, fresh and sliced
- 1/4 Cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- To prepare the rice paper wrappers, pour warm water into a round baking pan (or other flat bottom container that the wrappers will fit in).
- Dip one wrapper into the warm water for 15 seconds until it becomes soft and manageable.
- Quickly remove from the water and place flat onto a cutting board.
- To make the rolls, place a small amount of the filling ingredients (vermicelli, spinach, fruit and feta) into the center of the wrapper. Don’t overfill.
- Roll just like you would a burrito. You roll up tightly by pulling up the bottom of it and roll over the filling. Then, roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you continue to roll.
Finally, will you give these a go? They truly are delicious! Let us know in the comments below if you decide to make them. We’d love to hear what you think.