The Weekend Edition
Happy October, friends! Welcome to your weekly recap of what caught our attention around the internet and what’s going on around here…
Around the Internet Lately
- 5 designers imagine decorating the White House for either Clinton or Trump
- 5 Tips for Decorating Your Home for Halloween : from the adorable and talented Jillian Harris from the Bachelorette and HGTV’s Love it or List it Too
- 11 Must Watch Ted Talks with Will Make You Insanely Productive
- A fun NYC upper east side guide
- Coffee in a waffle cone is apparently the next big thing. You heard it here!
- Copying is not cool. I was sad to see these apparent knock-offs of a designer I love by a label I like. Hmmmm…
- Great round up by Grace of fall trends at any price
- Great tips for how to hang a gallery wall on exposed brick walls
- How cute is Valerie’s maternity look from NYFW?
- Look at these adorable DIY melting ghost Halloween macarons
- Lovely ideas for how to use books for decor around the home
- Neiman Marcus partly blames fashion bloggers for part of the company’s financial woes
- West Elm plans to open a line of hotels
Vogue Blogger “Discussion”
Plus, I must mention the blogger discussion that has been going on in the fashion industry this week, since Vogue posted this article. Read more about the Vogue blogger takedown and Fashionista’s opinion that it’s embarrassingly out of touch here. Then be sure to check out this well thought out and wonderfully written counterpoint to Vogue from The Fashion Law.
What are your thoughts?
Let me know in the comments. Or ask me questions, if you have them. And I’ll reply to you with more of my thoughts… 😉
Around Here Lately
Don’t miss the Wear + Where + Well articles from this week…
- See how the team wore this J.Crew striped shirt 4 ways!
- Behind the scenes of our Houston Mural Guide interview with KHOU – so honored that Houston CBS affiliate KHOU chose to feature us during the 6:00 evening news!
- Did you know there’s a new easy way to shop for J.Crew? – read about this new alliance between J.Crew and a major retailer
- Friday Favorite Finds : 19 Favorite Olive Pieces – a continuation of our fall color story
Lastly, enjoy this wonderful fall weekend! Much love to you all.
Photo by Maritere Rice; Graphics by Ashley Cardoza