Ombre Strawberries for Valentine’s Day
Can you believe Valentine’s Day is right around the corner? Well, we think it’s the perfect time to make a special treat for the ones that you love. One idea is to try the delightfully cute unicorn hot chocolate recipe we shared earlier this week.
Or, if you’re looking for something a bit more romantic, you might try these chocolate covered strawberries in shades of Valentine’s Day. That’s right – we’ve made these treats in all shades of pink and red. As you might have gathered around her, Carrie’s favorite color is pink. Plus, her favorite food is strawberries. So, we of course had to combine the two!
These ombre strawberries are so easy to make and look completely adorable. Undoubtedly, they are bound to be a hit. And don’t forget to snap a photo for Instagram!
How to Make Ombre Strawberries
Before we get into the details, here are some helpful hints… You can find the candy melts at your local craft store, and they come in various colors. If they don’t have the exact color you want, don’t be afraid to mix colors to create a custom hue.
Sprinkles can also be purchased at the craft store or online. My favourite online shops for extra special sprinkles are Sweetapolita, Fancy Sprinkles Shop, and The Bakers Confections. You can also drizzle another colour of candy coating on top instead of using sprinkles.
- 4 Bags of vanilla flavor candy melts (red, bright pink, light pink, white)
- 24 Large strawberries
- 4 Tbsp. of coconut oil
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Place each color of candy melt into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil to each bowl.
- Place one bowl at a time in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds until melted.
- Wash and dry strawberries. Dip the strawberries into the candy coating and then place on parchment paper.
- Quickly add sprinkles before the coating hardens.
- Place in fridge until serving.
There you have it! They are pretty simple, considering the bright, happy, loving statement they’ll make.
So, what are your plans for Valentine’s Day? We’d love to hear if you have any ideas for lovely treats! Also, let us know if you try this idea.