Friday Favorite Finds: 19 Americana Summer Essentials
Whether it’s because of holidays like Memorial Day and the Fourth of July or just a general feeling of love for country, summer time tends to carry a patriotic theme throughout. Americana feelings run high. With that summer mood in mind, we’ve rounded up 19 Americana summer essentials…
1 – J.Crew chevron halter one-piece swimsuit | 2 – Picnic Time wicker picnic basket | 3 – The Great anchor sweatshirt | 4 – Line and Dot Beaux embellished dress | 5 – Smathers and Branson American flat hat | 6 – Clare V. flat clutch | 7 – Solid & Striped Margot swimsuit | 8 – Madewell balcony off-the-shoulder top | 9 – Clare V. striped beach towel | 10 – Aquazzura wild thing sandals | 11 – “Shell we have another” cocktail napkins | 12 – J.Crew striped slouchy shirt | 13 – Swell stainless steel water bottle | 14 – Sensi Studio lady Ibiza straw hat | 15 – Anya Hindmarch maxi featherweight tote in diamonds | 16 – Madewell small zip pouch | 17 – Ace & Jig Adriatic V-neck cotton dress | 18 – Flagpole Swim Shay bikini set | 19 – Kiini Tasmin one-piece swimsuit
Friday Favorite Finds: Must-Read Articles
First, I want to make sure you haven’t missed out on any of the recent articles here on Wear + Where + Well…
- 9 Tips for Wearing a Romper
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Kentucky Derby
- How to Spend a Weekend in Austin on South Congress
- Wear + Where + Well Hotel Recommendation: Hotel San Jose in Austin
- Label We Love: Lisa Marie Fernandez
Second, here are some of my favorite reads from around the internet this week…
Attention bloggers specifically:
- The Fashion Law Exclusive: The Dirty Advertising Practices of the Industry’s Biggest Brands and Blogger : Bloggers – if you read nothing else this week, read this. It is our professional responsibility to be aware of and adhere to FTC regulations. This is not optional. It’s the law.
- The Fashion Law: A How-to Guide for Properly Disclosing Your Sponsored Posts: Then, bloggers, read this follow-up post that tells you how to properly disclose sponsorship. Consumers have a right to know.
- 8 Exquisite Pools + Chic Pool Furniture
- Snapchat Raises $1.8 Billion in Funding: This brings enterprise value to a whopping $20 billion!
- The Brands That Do The Most and Least Good for the World: as ranked by consumers
- This Season is All About The Long Short: Hallelujah! Vogue says longer shorts are in this season.
- United Offering Thousands of Miles to Elite Clients: Read this article from The Points Guy to see if you’re eligible. I was eligible for a huge incentive offer!
Friday Favorite Finds: Sale Round-Up
Finally, as I’m sure you have seen from the barrage of emails and blog postings, sale season is upon us! I won’t bore you with an exhaustive list of sales, but I will highlight just a few of my favorites.
- Ann Taylor: 50% Off Full-Price Purchase & Extra 40% Off Sale Styles; code = SUMMER50
- Anthropologie: Additional 30% off all sale items, in stores and online; no code needed
- Banana Republic: Extra 40% Off; code = BRTAKE40
- Minted: 15% Off All Wedding and Kids’ Essentials; code = MEMORIAL16
- Moda Operandi: Up to 50% Off; no code needed
- Nordstrom: Up to 40% Off; no code needed
Can someone please explain to me how in the world we are already five months into this year? How is it already Memorial Day weekend? How is it summer already?
If you’re in the USA, take a moment to remember those who have fallen fighting for our country. Wherever you are, have a great weekend!
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza