Elle at 11 Months
My dear sweet girl,
How, oh how, did we get here already? As I’m writing this letter, we are actually unbelievably only two weeks from your birthday! I can’t believe this is my last letter to you before you turn one!
The things you do these days:
– “Talking”: You have so many things to say these days! It’s clear that you have things to tell us. I’m both excited and nervous for when you really begin to say words. Who knows what funny things will come out of your mouth! Seriously – how can one be so funny without even saying any actual words? I have no idea, but you my silly girl are funny!
– Waving: You love waving bye-bye to people. Now, typically there is a bit of a delayed reaction. You wait until they are already out the door or already in their car driving away before you start waving and saying “bye”, but nevertheless the sentiment remains.
– Laughing: Your full-on belly laugh is the best sound I’ve ever heard! Pure, unadulterated joy! Things that bring on the belly laugh: tickles from Mommy or Tita, playing peek-a-boo with a napkin at a restaurant, and other random funny things like that.
– Smiling: My sweet girl, your smile lights up a room! Everywhere we go, people comment on that. And I for sure know it by experience, as you light up my days.
– Eating: Girl, do you eat! You eat absolutely anything and everything we put in front of you. You have such a wide palate, which I am pleased to see. You want to eat whatever we are eating. And on that note, you also want to drink whatever we are drinking, particularly if you can drink from a straw! Who knew straws could be so exciting?
– Walking: Well, not 100 percent on your own yet, but gosh you are so darn close! Holding only one finger of ours, you get along quite well. If I were the betting type, I’d bet you’d be walking by your birthday.
– Zooming: as in, up the stairs. I’m astounded at how you can climb up the stairs on your own! And so quickly! Gosh it scares Mom, but you are really good at it.
– Dancing: Elle Belle, you are a dancing machine! Anytime you hear music, you start bopping to the beat. This weekend, Aunt Kelli discovered you especially love Katy Perry. That and your silly robot-like dog toy are your favorites for dancing.
– Kissing: Muchas besos para todos personas! Yes, kisses for all. You give the sweetest kisses ever. Always open-mouthed, and more often than not quite wet. And I love them!
The person you are these days:
Such a sweetheart. So kind-hearted. A happy baby. A joy. My world. The love of my life. My buddy. My teammate. My angel from above. My sweet Elle Belle.
You are all these things and more to me, sweet girl. Sometimes words seem inadequate to express our bond. So, I’ll not even attempt to pontificate further on my love for you. I’ll just do my best to live it out every single day. Indeed, you, my sweet girl, are my world. I would do anything for you.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get started on planning your birthday party.
Love you, sweet girl, forever and always.