23 Week Update
Hi, dear friends. Thanks for stopping in for this week’s Maternity Monday! I just have a brief update for you today…
When are you due? How far along are you?
I’m now 23+ weeks. Baby girl is due 7.7.17.
The Highlight of the Week?
Seeing baby girl again! I had a follow-up anatomy scan last week to see her sweet face.
Again, she was positioned in a way that we could not see her initially. But after much cajoling by the ultrasound technician, sweet girl finally turned enough where we could see her! In fact, the technician turned on the 3D feature, and I was able to see the sweetest image, thus far, of my baby girl! Seriously a magical moment to see her in there.
In fact, it was a funny little image… At first, I said, “Oh, is that her hand by her face?” as she often has her hands near her face. But as soon as I asked the question, it dawned on me – and the technician confirmed – that it wasn’t her hand, but her foot by her face! Ha.
She is still measuring relatively small, but long.
Not-So-Highlight of the Week?
In the “keeping it real” category, I’ve actually been experiencing some pretty intense pain the last few weeks – not at all baby related. Again, there is no concern with the baby at all. But rather, the pain is in my very upper abdomen area. But the doctor is concerned, so I have spent much of today in therunning some tests (ultrasound, bloodwork, and such).
We have some guesses as to what it may be, but I’ll keep calm and wait for results. I’d appreciate your prayers and positive thoughts.
- I’m starting to think about the nursery. Baby girl can definitely expect a color-filled room!
- I’m in full-on learning mode – reading books, and I even attended a baby sleep course last week!
- I’m definitely not wearing my regular clothes like jeans, but living in flowy dresses (as evidenced here, here, and here). So, I haven’t purchased any maternity clothes per se yet. But I’m happy to learn that Gap, Old Navy, and LOFT all offer some good maternity options!
Now, the part of this column I can already tell I enjoy and value : soliciting your advice!
Truly, this is a case of me navigating the great unknown. So, I really value your input, opinions, and advice. So, this week, I’ll pose a few specific questions, but feel free to leave any other helpful comments!
- What did you find to be the most essential components of a nursery? What did you need? What did you not need?
- Do you have any great pregnancy / baby books to recommend?
- Do you have any great sources to recommend for maternity clothes? Or do you have any tips for dressing as you grow?
Finally, thanks a million for all the encouragement and support!