Around the Internet
Written by Julie Weinstein
TGIF! Well, this week certainly flew, and I’m certainly not complaining. What do you have on tap this weekend? I’m going to be organizing and packing (I head out of town next week for most of August), and a fun meal or two sprinkled in. It’s getting to that point in the summer where I’m kind of wishing it slowed down just a tad. As much as I love fall and everything that comes with it, this summer has gone at lightning speed, and the craziness of the fall and winter season is upon us. Ah! Let’s not think about that just yet though, ok?
Keep on reading for some of our favorite links, looks, and finds from around the Internet this week…
Favorite Blogger Looks of the Week
Favorite Blog Posts and Articles of the Week
- Have you ever seen a more fun “how to” post?! 7 Ways to Make a Rainbow.
- We’re dying to plan a trip to San Francisco to check out Color Factory.
- If you’re up for a DIY project, definitely check out this flamingo float cooler!
- Now all I can think about are these rainbow mousse shooters. They look incredible.
- How adorably chic is this nursery? It’s perfect for Valerie’s sweet girl.
- I’m all about writing thank you notes, so I loved reading this on how to write a sincere thank you note.
- Working from home can be amazing, but it can also be incredibly distracting. We loved Caroline’s tips on how to ensure productivity when working from home.
- We’re big fans of The Daily Edited, and it’s been so exciting to watch them grow. In fact, you might remember we wrote about them this past December. This is a great article on the company.
- Maybe one of these reasons is why you’re tired all the time.
- Here’s how these female leaders spend their first hour of the workday.
- On preserving your company’s culture as it grows and changes.
- When you do get down time (if you do!), what do you do with it? Here’s how to make the most of it.
- If you live in Houston, here’s a great list of inexpensive things to do in town (including visiting the murals from our Houston Mural Guide!).
Shopping and Sales
- Carrie bought these turquoise and white striped beach towels earlier this summer and absolutely loves them. And they come in so many great colors (all linked below)!
- Don’t forget this is the last weekend of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! You can check out our favorite picks here, here, and here.
- How beautiful is this Alice + Olivia embroidered top?
- Stripes, a bow, and one shoulder…it doesn’t get much better than that.
- Now, this is a statement making skirt! Love it.
- This is such a pretty floral dress from ASOS.
Browse more below –
- As you saw last week, one of the stops we made on our girls day out was to Full Blown Dry Bar. Carrie has been getting her hair blown there since they opened, and for good reason! Truly, it’s a great experience, from start to finish. My blow out lasted for days. As we mentioned briefly, not only can you get your hair blown, but Full Blown also offers mini facials and makeup application. It’s basically a one stop shop for all your beauty needs! They also offer spa bundles, which would be such a fun thing to do with a group of girlfriends (or on your own, of course).
Carrie with Full Blown Dry Bar Owner Patty Peeples Busmire
Around Here This Week
- Elle’s tropical celebration + 7 tips for hosting a sip and see
- Stylish comfort : A look to wear for many months to come
- How to make a ridiculously fun no-bake crispy rice treat rainbow cake + a giveaway
- Splurge vs. Save : Bold pink dress
- You’ll blush over this beautiful floral dress
- What’s not to love about these triple layer ice cream pops?
Have a great weekend and we’ll see you back here Monday!