2016 Colorful Gift Guide : Yellow
How fun are these color coded gift guides (if you’re not familiar with them, you can read more here)? We have been LOVING putting them together, and we hope you’re enjoying them as much as we are! And I have a feeling today’s color is instantly going to boost everyone’s mood, as it’s YELLOW. It’s the happiest color, the color of the sun, and the color of all our favorite emojis.
Before we dive into all things yellow, here’s the colorful schedule of gift guides:
- Wednesday, November 30 : red
- Thursday, December 1 : pink
- Friday, December 2 : orange
- Today : yellow
- Sunday, December 4 : green
- Monday, December 5 : blue
- Tuesday, December 6 : purple
- Wednesday, December 7 : neutrals + metallics
- Thursday, December 8 : multi-color / rainbow hues
- Friday, December 9 : gift guide wrap-up + giveaway winners announced!
Major Giveaway : (2) $1,000 Saks Gift Cards!
Plus, you certainly don’t want to miss this amazing giveaway…
We are giving away two $1,000 gift cards to Saks!
This is not sponsored. Rather, this is just a gift from us to you all, as a symbol of our appreciation for your continued support and involvement here.
So, how do you enter? Great question! Here are the requirements:
- Leave a comment on each of the nine gift guide posts.
- Like us on Facebook.
It’s that easy! And so far, your chances of winning are pretty good! So, what are you waiting for? Enter!
And, with that, enjoy our yellow gift ideas…
12 Yellow Gift Ideas We Love
1. Happy Socks Snake Sock : If you’re on the hunt for colorful, festive socks, Happy Socks is the place to go. As a fun pop of color, these yellow ones would look perfect sticking out under your man’s suit. And at under $10, these are an ideal stocking stuffer.
2. Maison Scotch Faux Fur Pom Beanie : As the temperatures drop, the cold weather accessories come on out. I love the idea of wearing a yellow cozy beanie because it’ll light up an otherwise more dreary and chilly day.
3. Jonathan Adler Yellow Pop Decanter : When it comes to colorful home decor, Jonathan Adler has a fantastic collection. This decanter would look gorgeous sitting out on a home bar or bar cart.
4. Grey and Yellow Abstract Art Painting : This abstract painting is so beautiful, and we love how the bright yellow offsets the neutral grey tones.
5. Customizable Cookie Stamp : For the baker in your life, this customizable cookie stamp looks simple to use and would help elevate basic holiday cookies. You could also give it a go and whip up some sweets to bring over to your friend’s cookie swap party!
6. Smythson 2017 Panama Diary/Agenda : With the new year on the horizon, we’re on the hunt for a great planner. I love the Smythson ones because they are sturdy, compact, and how can you say no to the color choices?!
7. Southwest Stripes Folded Personal Stationery : I’m a sucker for all paper products, specifically stationery. These notecards immediately caught my eye due to the color, of course, and the fun striped print.
8. Charlotte Olympia LOL Kitty Flats : Why leave emojis just in your text messages? These flats scream FUN, and rumor has it, they’re super comfortable, too. Your stylish bestie would adore them.
9. Loewe Elephant Leather Wallet : Who knew wallets came in animal shapes?! I love how unexpected this one is between the elephant shape and the color, and while an elephant shaped purse doesn’t seem super practical, I’m certainly on board with the wallet. Indeed, it would make a unique and special holiday gift.
10. Smythson Luggage Tag : How many times have you been waiting for your luggage at baggage claim and pick up the wrong one at first because they all look the same?! It’s happened to me. That’s why a bold colored luggage tag is so necessary, and your travel loving aunt will absolutely love this one.
11. Hunter Original Tall Rain Boots : This time of year doesn’t only bring in cooler temps, but also rain and, in some places, snow. Rain boots are essential right now, and a cheerful colored pair will definitely brighten up any gloomy day.
12. Structured Stripe Top : You all know by now how much we love stripes, and this top is no exception to our obsession. You can wear yellow no matter what time of year it is, and this one we would live in throughout the winter. I think your fashion loving sister would fall in love with it, too.
If you want to win one of 2 (!) $1000 Saks gift cards, make sure to enter our giveaway! It’s so simple, as all you have to do is leave a comment on each of our gift guides, and make sure you’re following us on Facebook. Good luck!
One More Thing
Which yellow item(s) are you swooning over? Would love to hear in the comments below!
Graphics by Ashley Cardoza; image by Maritere Rice