J.Crew Off The Shoulder Silk Madras Plaid Dress
Happy Friday to you all! In lieu of our regular Friday Favorite Finds themed round-up, we have a fun summer weekend look for you. This J.Crew off the shoulder silk madras plaid dress epitomizes summer! Am I right?
From J.Crew’s elevated Collection line, this silk dress combines off-the-shoulder and fluted sleeve trends with the perennial summer classic madras plaid in shades of lime, green, dark blue, and a bit of brown. Note that the dress is cut for a loose fit. I followed the Net-a-Porter sizing advice and ordered one size down from my normal size. I was pleased with that decision, as it resulted in a slimmer fit.
When it came to styling this lovely frock, I wanted the end result to embody three adjectives: (1) summery, (2) trendy, and (3) classic all at once.
First, I kept the summery vibes going with these fabulous Chloe bandana espadrille wedges and this beautiful tasseled straw tote by Olive Design. Then, I tried a new-to-me seasonal trend by adding the Donni Charm bandana accent around the neck. Finally, this classic boater hat by Eugenia Kim combined with the synonymous-with-summer madras plaid kept the look from veering into “too trendy” territory.
***(Side note: Olive Design is a new brand of handmade custom straw totes designed by my friend Natasha. I’ve teamed up with her to bring you a special offer on this exact tote and others next week!)
This look was a little different for me, but I had fun playing around. In the end, I was really pleased with the result. I will definitely be repeating this look many times this summer! It’s just so easy.
Might you replicate this look? Or is there any aspect of it you’d like to try this summer? Go for it! I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below!
Scroll down for all outfit details.
PS – how awesome is this wall? Maritere and I were so thrilled to stumble upon this new wall at Wynwood Walls during our most recent visit there a few weeks ago. You might remember us visiting Wynwood Walls earlier this year (see here, here, and here). It’s definitely a site to behold with blocks upon blocks of street art everywhere!
Friday Favorite Finds: 7 Must-Read Articles
Before you sign off for the weekend, be sure to read these articles…
- 5 Reasons to Visit the Neon Museum in Las Vegas: You might remember me featuring the Neon Museum in this series of posts earlier this year. I absolutely loved visiting the unique collection of neon signs. I highly recommend that you check it out next time you’re in Vegas!
- 10 Furnished Tents to Stay in Around the World: I’m hoping to visit El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas soon…
- 10 Travel Apps for Your Next Trip to Europe: Some new ones to me that I look forward to checking out!
- 10 Ways to get a Hotel Upgrade: Who doesn’t like an upgraded room? I’ll be trying some of these tips!
- Madewell teams up with Austin’s JM Drygoods for special collection: love this on-trend collaboration!
- Mom Seeks to Raise Awareness, Funds for Son’s Rare Disease: this mom Katie is a friend and former co-worker of mine. I’ll be sharing more about her son, Prader-Willi, and the gala coming up this fall as the date draws near.
- Want to Be Happier? Science Says Do These 11 Things Every Day
Have a great weekend, my friends! See you back here on Monday.
Photos by Maritere Rice at Wynwood Walls in Miami