June Letter from the Editor
Hello, my color loving friends! A new month means it’s time for another letter. Can you believe it’s June already? Not only does that mean we are almost halfway through 2018 and that summer is here, that also means that my daughter turns one this week! That, my friends, is something I can’t quite wrap my head around. It seems like just yesterday I gave birth to that sweet little five pound baby.
Before I digress with a sentimental trip down motherhood memory lane, let’s get started with this month’s letter from the editor!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve quite enjoyed this relatively new practice of looking back at what you loved the most in the past month. It’s always quite insightful for the team and me to see which articles caught your eye or piqued your interest. There are always a few surprises in there!
So, here are the top ten — or should I say your top ten — pieces of content we published in May. This is based on page views, by the way.
What You Loved in May
1. A Guide to Houston’s Best Coffee Shops: By far, this was the most loved article of the month! This is maybe not a surprise given how much we all need / want / love our coffee, right? By the way, speaking of this coffee guide, I’ll be on live TV tomorrow talking about it! If you’re in Houston, tune into Houston Life on KPRC on Tuesday. I’ll be sharing my top five coffee shops and taste testing the coffee and treats with Courtney and Derrick!
2. 9 Style Tips for Women in Business: I’m glad y’all are liking the business series, as I am enjoying writing it! It’s something new for me to explore, so thanks for your support. In particular, this article seemed to resonate with quite a few of you. One of the most frequent requests I get is to feature more work-appropriate outfits. Do you work in an office environment? Would you like to see more work wear featured here? Let me know!
3. Dodo Bar Or Tasseled Cotton-Gauze Mini Dress in Los Angeles: Not sure if it was the awesome James Goldcrown wall or the awesome dress, but you all loved this look.
4. The 34 Food Instagram Accounts You’ll Want to Follow Immediately: I mean I understand the attraction to this one. I mean – who doesn’t like food?! Side note: One thing I am personally enjoying about these best Instagram account articles we are doing (the colorful accounts, the travel accounts, and the food accounts)? Learning about great new accounts myself! You see, we are soliciting input for these from the entire team! Of course, I retain veto power. Haha! No but really, I do review all the input and make the final selections.
5. These are the 6 Biggest Mistakes Women Make in Business: If you are a businesswoman (which I’m suspecting the majority of you are), which, if any, of these mistakes have you made? As I admit in the article, I’ve made several of these myself! Thankfully, there are countermeasures we can take!
6. 3 Easy Steps to Create the Prettiest DIY Mimosa Bar: Maybe my favorite entertaining type of post we’ve ever done. Cheers!
7. Children are Our Second Chance: a very personal, vulnerable article from me.
8. The 32 Summer Essentials You Need Right Now: We are happy to help get you summer ready!
9. Ask the Team: I love my team! I’m glad you got to know them a bit better too. And we are adding new people these days, so we will have even more people to share with you soon.