2016 Colorful Gift Guide: Purple
We’re nearing the end of these fun, colorful gift guides, and we hope you’ve loved them! Today it’s all about a color I know far too well. When I was younger, I was obsessed with all things purple. And I mean obsessed. From my bedroom to my Barbie dolls’ clothes to my Jansport backpack and beyond, it was a purple world, and I was certainly living in it. These days, purple is showcased in such an elevated, stylish way, and we love it.
Now, before we get into it, here’s that colorful schedule of gift guides:
- Wednesday, November 30 : red
- Thursday, December 1 : pink
- Friday, December 2 : orange
- Saturday, December 3 : yellow
- Sunday, December 4 : green
- Monday, December 5 : blue
- Today : purple
- Wednesday, December 7 : neutrals + metallics
- Thursday, December 8 : multi-color / rainbow hues
- Friday, December 9 : gift guide wrap-up + giveaway winners announced!
MAJOR GIVEAWAY : (2) $1,000 SAKS GIFT CARDS!
And don’t forget! There is a pretty amazing giveaway going on…
We are giving away two $1,000 gift cards to Saks!
This is not sponsored. Rather, this is just a gift from us to you all, as a symbol of our appreciation for your continued support and involvement here.
So, how do you enter? Great question! Here are the requirements:
- Leave a comment on each of the nine gift guide posts.
- Like us on Facebook.
It’s that easy! And so far, your chances of winning are pretty good! So, what are you waiting for? Enter!
And, with that, let’s talk purple…
13 Purple Gift Ideas We Love
1. Thierry Lasry Chromaty Sunglasses : As we’ve mentioned in a couple of the previous gift guides, a great pair of sunglasses is always a smart choice when it comes to gifts. You can never own too many, and these translucent, chunky, acetate ones are fabulous.
2. Lilac Dot Sleep Mask : If you want to get someone a luxe looking and feeling item that won’t break the bank, a sleep mask like this one is the way to go. It would also make a perfect stocking stuffer for any gal in your life.
3. Eberjey Gisele Short Pajama Set : The softest, most comfy PJs around, you’ll want to get a pair of these for your mom or sister. We especially love this deep eggplant color!
4. Impossible Project x UO Custom Color One Step Camera : There’s something so fun and special about a polaroid camera. It’s also one of those items someone might not think to purchase for themselves, but would love to receive. Plus, it’s a really neat way to capture holiday memories.
5. Purple Matches : For the candle lovers in your life, get them a set of colored matches because they look so fabulous out on a coffee table, and they are much more exciting than regular old matches. Another great stocking stuffer idea!
6. Dot Silk Tie : A tie is always a good gift idea for the guy in your life. He can never own too many, and at under $20, this beautiful one would make an ideal stocking stuffer or gift add on.
7. ‘Wrap Object’ Sculpture : How beautiful is this piece? It would look incredible out on a coffee table or on a bookshelf as a book end. Personally, I want this for my home office!
8. Lavender Essential Oil : To go along with the cozy slipper booties, soft eye mask, and comfy PJs, lavender essential oil will top off your perfect night of sleep. Whether dabbing a bit on your pillow or putting it in a diffuser, the aroma alone is enough to take you to a zen like place. Indeed, your gift recipient will be thrilled to receive this.
9. Yves Saint Laurent Couture Palette Eyeshadow : A bit of a luxe beauty item, but worth every penny. How beautiful are the colors in this palette? Swoon.
10. Beautyblender ‘Royal’ Original Makeup Sponge Applicator : This tops my list as one of the very best products I own. It works wonders. It helps make your makeup go on flawless, and any beauty junkie in your life might already own it, but would still LOVE to receive another. Furthermore, it makes an ideal stocking stuffer.
11. Slipper Bootie : Chilly days and chillier nights call for all things cozy, including these slipper booties. Turn on the fireplace, pour a glass of wine, and slip into these. It’s a gift anyone would adore.
12. Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish : Have you tried the Gel Couture line from Essie yet? It’s incredible. Not only are the colors gorgeous (look at this purple!!), but it lasts for a couple weeks!
13. Lululemon Flow & Go Tight : Unless we’re dressed up for a photo shoot or an event, you’ll more than likely find us in Lululemon head to toe. And can you blame us? Everything Lululemon is of the very best quality, oh so comfortable, and ever so stylish. These purple leggings are no exception.
If you want to win one of 2 (!) $1000 Saks gift cards, make sure to enter our giveaway! It’s so simple, as all you have to do is leave a comment on each of our gift guides, and make sure you’re following us on Facebook. Good luck!
One More Thing
Are you a fan of the color purple? Anything you’re eyeing from above? Let us know in the comments below!
Graphics by Ashley Cardoza; image by Maritere Rice