The Weekend Edition
Hi friends! Better late than never, right? That’s my theory with publishing this The Weekend Edition on Sunday afternoon rather than the usual Saturday morning.
Boy, this is a busy time of year, isn’t it? Not only have our personal calendars been full with holiday events, a college graduation, and more, but things have been hopping here at Wear + Where + Well! Today, I’d like to highlight some of the major recent happenings so that you don’t miss them.
This year, we’ve attempted, in several ways, to make your holiday shopping easier than ever.
First, in case you’ve been living under a rock – or simply busy with the holiday hustle – please allow me to share our series of nine color-coded holiday gift guides with you:
As a side note: today (Sunday) is your last chance to enter the MAJOR GIVEAWAY associated with these gift guides! Click on any of the gift guides above for all the details of entering.
Secondly, we are constantly curating our Wear + Where + Well boutique with our favorite finds. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or someone else, be sure to check out the ever-changing assortment of goods in the boutique.
Holiday Sweet Treats
At this time of year, we all need sweet treats, right? Whether we need to take something to a party or just need to stave off some stress, sweets seem to go hand in hand with the holidays.
I highlighted these five personal favorites:
- Paulie’s: Hands down, the absolute best decorated shortbread cookies in town! They are beautifully done and super delicious. Stop by the restaurant, or order your cookies online.
- Three Brother’s Bakery: A Houston staple since 1949, Three Brothers is known for its legendary pumpecapple piece. This masterpiece consists of a three layer piecake featuring a pumpkin pie baked in a pumpkin spice cake, a pecan pie baked in chocolate cake and an apple pie baked into a spice cake, with cream cheese icing holding each layer together, all topped and covered with cream cheese icing, pecans and a generous caramel drizzle. Have I piqued your appetite?
- Macaron by Patisse: Without a doubt, this is my go-to spot of the best macarons in Houston! Not only can you stop by one of their boutiques (located in River Oaks and The Woodlands), but you can also order online. They ship macarons nationwide!
- Special offer for Wear + Where + Well readers: 10% off any order in store or online!
- Just use the code “wearwherewell” online or mention Wear + Where + Well in person.
- This special offer runs through the end of the year.
- Petite Sweets: Petite Sweets is the ideal one-stop shop for all your holiday dessert needs! Their cakes, pies, cookies, cheesecakes, macarons, cake balls, cake pops, mini cupcakes or marshmallows are perfect for any occasion. Specialty flavors during the holidays include ginger spice, peppermint, chocolate peppermint, maple, candy cane and gingerbread. I especially love the festive holiday packaging they offer this time of year! A bonus: they are open 7 days a week and until late at night.
- Goode Company: Goode Company is especially known for their Brazos Bottom Pecan Pie in a Wooden Box. These gooey, delicious pies are holiday favorites around here. The really cool aspect is that they make great gifts, as they ship safely in this beautiful wood box.
Also, to learn more about Houston’s top sweet spots, be sure to check out our Houston Dessert Guide.
On the other hand, if cooking at home is more your speed, then be sure to check out our very popular “In the Kitchen with Bella” series. Bella has been churning out lots of easy, great recipes for the holidays.
Here are a few of our recent favorites:
- 3 easy-to-make Christmas cookie recipes
- 3 yummy hot chocolate recipes
- 2 cranberry cocktail recipes
- 3 ideas for peppermint treats
- Cutie pies : how to make mini apple and cherry pies
If you’re still in the market for holiday stationery – whether it be party invitations or holiday cards – I highly recommend Minted! They are my go-to source for high-quality, well-designed stationery goods at reasonable prices. In fact, I order our holiday party invitations from Minted!
And around here, the good news keeps on coming… I’ve teamed up with my friends at Minted to offer (2) $125 gift cards to my readers. Here’s all you have to do to enter:
Just click this link and fill out the form!
Yep, it’s that easy. The contest will run from now through December 18th, after which time Minted will contact the winners.
Also, if you plan to place an order at Minted, be sure to use these coupon codes!
Finally, be sure to keep in mind these holiday shipping deadlines.
Whew! I told you there was a lot going on around here. Please do be sure to take advantage of these giveaways and coupon codes. Indeed, when you support the retailers who support Wear + Where + Well, you help make this website possible.
In closing, we do hope that you’ve had a splendid weekend!